Welcome patients! This page contains helpful resources for managing your health and navigating managed care. Find important contacts and resources from leading health organizations. As always, feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns.
- Language Assistance Program Contacts: The Health Care Language Assistance Act requires insurers to establish and support language assistance programs for certain residents who have limited English proficiency. This link provides important contacts by health plan for these programs.
Health Resources and Definitions
- My Optum Health - A medical and health care resource for patients, their families, friends and health care workers.
- Managed Care Terminology - provides patients with a comprehensive list of Managed Care Terminology.
- Medical Dictionary - This site provides an on-line searchable medical dictionary for medications, diseases and conditions.
- National Health Information Center - A health information referral service established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that puts health professionals and consumers in touch with organizations that can provide answers.
Prominent Health Organizations
- Mayo Clinic Health Oasis - Updated each weekday, this site is directed by physicians, scientists, writers, and educators, bringing consumers the most relevant health information available.
- Medicare Information for Patients - The official site for the U.S. Government providing information on Medicare Information, and contains searchable databases for health plans, nursing homes, Medigap policies, and Medicare activities throughout the country.
- National Center for Infectious Diseases Traveler's Health - Part of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website, this site provides health information for travelers on specific regions and countries. Also, includes current information on disease outbreaks, vaccinations, safe food and water, and traveling with children.
- National Committee For Quality Assurance - A private, not-for-profit organization, the National Committee for Quality Assurance website provides searchable databases and ratings on health care plans for consumers, employers, and practitioners.
- National Coalition for Patient Rights - A nonprofit advocacy group, the National Coalition for Patients Rights web site posts current information relating to the basic rights of patients and privacy.
- Healthfinder - This is a service provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and includes a variety of information resources for consumers.
- HealthCoach4Me - This is an interactive health coaching Web site providing people with tools to help them achieve important health goals.
- Discovery Life - Features programs about medical breakthroughs, stories and health care.
- Intellihealth - A source of current medical news that includes a searchable database with information on men's, women's, children's and seniors' health.
We want to hear from you - Contact us @ (877) 207-7600 (TTY/TDD 711) or click here to send questions, comments and request more information